Thursday, May 1, 2014

"The Big Squeal" second edition is ready!

Hello! Miss Liberty has been quite busy getting the second edition of "The Big Squeal" ready for it's big debut! I have some art to share with you. I hope you love the pictures as much as we do. They are so colorful and adorable, if I do say so myself!

This is a new page from the second edition I like to call The Coronation Page. There are several familiar faces from my home town of Taylorville, IL on this page. Do you recognize anyone? Besides me, that is!

Below is a map of Taylorville, Miss Liberty style! Please forgive the paw prints! A big thank you goes out to the Taylorville High School Art students for making this wonderful map for us.


A mug that is available with Miss Liberty's vision of Taylorville. Can you see the only statue in the world of Abe Lincoln and a pig? Right down there in the center at the bottom of the mug.


One of my personal favorites from the book...dancing with the kitty.


Below is also a new page for the second edition. Our local Rene's Drug Store when "guess who" came to town? In the center, holding the flag, can you guess who it is? I also see other familiar faces. Thank you all for being a part of "The Big Squeal!"


And here I am with my namesake, Liberty, the bronze pig at Abe Lincoln's foot on that very special statue I mentioned up above. And yes, you read correctly, the Only Statue In the World of Abe Lincoln and a Pig!



I hope you enjoyed seeing a glimpse of "The Big Squeal's" second edition. Please come out and see us at our book launch party, details are below.



CAROL ALEXANDER and MISS LIBERTY will be debuting the second edition of “The Big Squeal” on May 3 from 1:00 - 3:00 pm at Dana's Book Exchange on the Square in Taylorville, IL. This second edition contains new pages...see Liberty's May and also the map of Lincoln's famous Mud Circuit. There will be free refreshments and is open to the public. 

"A rare glimpse into Abraham Lincoln's lighter side..." 

~ acclaimed historian Doris Kearns Goodwin

No comments:

Post a Comment